Friday, May 11, 2012

Public boob, private boob

What is it with our society and breasts? Now I am only talking about the United States because that is what I know. That said, what is our obsession? We Bind them, flash them, truss them, lie about their size, fake their shape, hide them, hate them, love em, and ignore them.
There is so much about them as objects, characters, power, etc. it seems the craziest thing. I mean, what are they? Two bags of flesh with a sippy end. What's so great about that? They are objects of importance for nourishment and care. They are designed for babies. They have been made into sex objects and we have taken back that power to manipulate others (I said it!).
All I want to know is- why do we allow them the power? Why can't we remove our Puritan or prurient attachments and allow whomever to nurse or display their body as they wish. Is it possible or not to go back, to deobjectify our breasts?
Discuss while I finish nursing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, but remember the golden rule. Comment on others the way you wanted to be commented on. Oh, and BEWARE KARMA.