Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Is anything still good for you?

Sitting here, watching two very sick girls struggle through stomach aches and the pukes and I am wondering wtf? I am reasonably sure this is a reaction to a flouride treatment insisted on at the dentist. We have struggled all winter to fight off cold, pneumonia, RSV, stomach bug, etc so I have seen sick kids. This seems different. Their stomachs hurt and they are throwing up just foam. Sorry for the gross out. The baby did not get the treatment and is fine, btw. I googled flouride side effects and was not happy. As a mother, I want my kids to have clean, rot-free teeth but now I have discovered that flouride is toxic in elevated levels. Toxic?!? And they put it in drinking water?!? Milk?!? Juice!?!? Bottled water?!? What am I supposed to give my girls? Toothpaste is a whole other craziness. I am beyond frustrated. I know, I know you are not entertained by this blog. Usually I am funnier. I got nothing sister. Up since 3 am holding back hair watching two girls writhe in pain, vomit, moan, cry and doze? Yeah, there is funny in there but I am not ready with a laugh yet.
Oh! And I called the dentist. She said it was unusual and they would make a note Of it. Uh, thanks? What good does that do? I asked them to skip it and they acted like I was crazy and insisted on it. Best thing is I got overcharged because our insurance doesn't cover it.
Sounds like complaining, you say? Yeah it might but what I really want to know is why do we accept this? This broken system that treats us and mistreats us- overcharges us and misdiagnoses us constantly. This is insanity!!! I am looking for an exit door to this sick repetition! What's the definition of insanity?
Doing something over and over, expecting a different outcome. Yup. Done with that.
Bring on the alternatives, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, but remember the golden rule. Comment on others the way you wanted to be commented on. Oh, and BEWARE KARMA.